Current Kiehl's favourites

Sunday 12 October 2014


Since my last skincare post I've invested in some new Kiehl's products that have not only been a pleasure to use but more importantly, effective. So I thought I'd share them with you!

From left:

Kiehl's Over Night Biological Peel
While on the hunt for an exfoliator in Kiehl's I was recommended this product as an alternative. I remember thinking "this sounds pretty drastic" and the sample I was given sat in the bathroom cabinet for a good few days, while I entertained fears of a scenario similar to that of Samantha's face peel epidsode in Sex & the City. When I finally tried it there were no crazy reactions, just smoother, brighter skin. Phew.

I use this once every 3 nights and apply about one to two pumps worth to my face in the evening after cleansing, and leave on overnight. At first you feel quite aware of it on your face as it doesn't absorb, but sort of sits on your face. Once it's dry you forget about it. In the morning I wipe it off with a warm, damp flannel. This helps to not only remove the product but also the dead skin cells that have been loosened up by the peel.

Kiehl's Epidermal Re-Texturizing Micro-Dermabrasion
Even though the peel is great, there's nothing like a good exfoliator to get your face feeling fresh and smooth. So I use this every now an then as I feel I need it. The granules are really fine so not abrasive at all but they really do the trick. I can't stand pathetic exfoliators that hardly have any grains in them or ones that feel like I'm rubbing sugar on my face. So this one's a winner.

Powerful Strength Line Reducing Concentrate
I was using a serum by Eucerin (blogged about here) which was great but this product is really effective at not only reducing lines but also improving skin texture- my skin is definitely smoother as a result. Also, the fact that it contains Vitamin C is something I'm very happy about - I'll take all I can get thankyou very much. I apply this morning and night as I would a serum. (And ok to use under the Over Night Bio Peel)

Ultra Facial Moisturizer SPF 30
I've got quite the selection of Keihl's moisturisers now but unfortunately none of them contain an SPF. My mum suffers with skin cancer so it's a constant reminder to me of the importance of protecting your skin- even on the most dreary of days! Makeup does act as a barrier to the sun but now that I rarely wear foundation, I need a moisturiser that sets my mind at rest. This one is a nice light day cream that absorbs quickly and although it doesn't contain any anti-ageing extras, I'm getting all that stuff in the Powerful Line Reducing Concentrate- so all sorted.

bloglovin'
 / facebook / twitter / instagram / pinterest

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Style Memos All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger